Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Getting ready for Boxy Stars...


Well, as soon as I finish the crumb quilt top I'm working on, I will be ready to start Boxy Stars with the QuiltvilleChat group. The planned start date is July 1st. Woo-hoo!


I decided to make this as a sofa quilt for a dear friend who let me bring almost 30 young people, along with their children, over to her house to have a party for my daughter and her husband who were visiting from California. It was a marvelous party, no damages done or tears cried (except for joy!). My house is too small for that many people, so my friend offerred the use of her house. Is that a generous friend or what!!!?!


I am making this quilt as a thank-you gift for her. She chose the colors. I just need to find 2 more green or gold fabrics, I'm sure they will be found in my stash. The ivory will be the background. The berry tones the stars. The greens and golds the boxes.
I think it will turn out nicely. I KNOW it will be made with a lot of love.
Hope to see you all in our virtual chatroom!
Cathy B

2 comments:

Candace said...

The fabrics are beautiful, they should make an awesome quilt for a really good friend.

Kucki68 said...

It is going to be very pretty! Are you planning on yellow stars and red boxes?