Well, I got work done on UFOs on both Saturday and Sunday. I worked on some crumb blocks from pieces in my crumb bin. And (yay!) I worked on my dining room curtains. They are golden-cream faux silk, and they really do look like silk! I bought the panels on sale at wallyworld, $7 each for floor-length panels. I had planned on sewing 3 rows of assorted neutral buttons on the leading (inner) edge of each panel. On Saturday I basted guide lines, and then was set to sew on the buttons.
At that point I decided that I would use only hole buttons, no shank buttons. Sooooo......I spent more than an hour sorting buttons. I had a gallon ziploc bag plus a quart plastic container full of neutral buttons. All sorted now, and I have 1.5 of the lines of buttons sewn on. I glue-basted each button in place with a washable glue stick (25 cents at wallyworld). It goes on purple and dries clear. I used the width of my thumb as the spacing guide. As all the buttons are different widths, it gives a randomness to the placements.
I am SO loving this look. Hubby has the camera with him, but I will post a pic when I can.