Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And he thought it was his idea....again!


I often make suggestions for projects that I would like my husband to do around the house. Not nagging, just suggesting.
One recently was my suggestion (last fall) for him to tear out the closet in the sewing room (it is only 7.5 ft by 10 ft) so I could have a wall of shelves for storage. "Too much work!" he said. "It's a bedroom and needs a closet." Okay, I let it go. Then we were watching Hoarders and I asked if he thought I was a fiber and craft hoarder. He hemmed and hawed, but didn't actually say anything. I took him by the hand and led him to the sewing room. "Where do you propose I store my stuff? I only have cardboard boxes and a card table." He looked around for a minute and then said "You know, if we took out this closet, we could put a bunch of shelves here!" Brilliant! And he truly does not remember me mentioning this last year! He has an artist's brain, (and keeps it in a jar in the closet! lol) Anyway, the room is done except for new flooring(!) that will go in next month.

The most recent event was this past week. I do all of the office work for our business, which is a lot of paper! I haven't had a desk to work at for the 1 1/2 years we've been here. I work at the kitchen table, on the couch...wherever. And I have stacks of papers and things to file in almost every room of the house. I suggested in January that if the piano was gone from the office, I could set up my desk there (yes, I have a desk. It has been in the shop since we got here, as there was nowhere for it to be.) He didn't want to move the piano because he MIGHT sell it. Anyway, last week I spent an hour looking for a receipt. DH said "You know, you really need some office space and a desk." Arggh! Yeah, I know! He looked around the office a bit and said "We need to move the piano, then you can put your desk there!" Yay for the idea! He wanted to put it in front of the bar in the livingroom. (You know, those old dry bars from the 70's?) Thankfully, it wouldn't fit there. So on Saturday we ripped out the bar. Can I get a hallelujah! That is another project I wanted done since before we moved here! THREE projects done!!!

Result: The bar is out. The piano is in the livingroom. My desk is in the office. I have a bookcase to assemble to put all the file boxes in.

Life is good!

Oh, I got rid of a ton of stuff too. Yay, YAWYK!

Oh, and since so many of you enjoyed the David McCallum eye candy, here's another one!

Cathy B

1 comment:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Oh, good job. Plant the seed...eventually something will sprout :) Happy deck and storage!!