Saturday, August 6, 2011

Inherited Quilt Magazines--Woo hoo!

As promised yesterday, I will tell you about the quilting magazines I am going through. Lots of quilt magazines. MOUNTAINS of quilt magazines.

A dear older friend of mine is at the point, healthwise, that she needs to be by family to take care of her. She is 'gifting' things she isn't going to move. She has been a quilter longer than I have been alive, and has the stash to prove it. I got all of the quilt magazines and quite a few books. I will probably get fabric when her daughter in law comes out next week to help sort stuff.

Now, getting her magazines and some books was great! But wait, there's more! She also had the complete magazine and book stash of a fellow quilter who passed away 3 years ago. And that quilter had complete sets of 8 different quilt magazines, as well as tons of other quilt magazines. 9 big shopping bags, each at the limit of what I can lift. And guess who has them all now.....

I am sorting to fill in my own collections, and the rest will be sold or swapped to other quilter's to fill in their collections. It has been so interesting seeing the history of modern day quilting as it has changed and progressed. And the international quilts!

It has been fun. Thankfully I am keeping less than I am passing on. My dear husband paled when he saw how many bags I was bringing into the house!

Take care!

Cathy B

1 comment:

Vic in NH said...

WOW! What a haul! There's a gal in my local guild who says, "I'm not a hoarder, I'm just a semi-hoarder!" I totally agree. There are still safe walkways in my house. How's that for denial? LOL!
Quilty hugs to you from Vic in NH