Sunday, August 28, 2011

Working on a Found UFO



Now that I have made a commitment to myself to work on things I love, I have been sorting through boxes. I am sorting the things I love from the things that are 'eh'. In the midst of the sorting I found pieces for 2 pillowtops I worked a little bit on when we lived in Minnesota. They have been entombed for about 3 years, and I didn't even remember that I had them!

They are based on the old Cathedral Windows pattern, but the updated version with circles and squares. You can find my tutorial at: http://www.puppetsandprops.com/BlueJeans.html

The first picture is closer to the actual colors. Deep chocolate brown heathery fleece, and autumny velvet. They are both upcycled fabrics. The fleece was from a thrift store blanket, the velvet from a size 6 skirt from a friend (yeah, like the size 6 was gonna work! lol). In the photo you can see that I have some of the border placed around the pillow top. The border and backing will be chocolate suedecloth that I have JUST enough of to finish!

I was going to finish these and put them in my Gifting Cupboard. DH saw them and claimed them for our sofa. I love it when he feels strongly about what I make!

I am showing these, even though they are not finished. I have taken the Process Pledge (see the button on the right), and want to show things as they go along.

I am fighting a bug of some kind, so will close for now.

Take care!

Cathy B


No comments: