Friday, August 26, 2011

Sometimes I Just Get So Tired.....

Tired of making things to sell instead of making things for the enjoyment. Tired of making things I don't particularly LIKE to make.

Enough! Enough, I say! (Dramatic, huh?)

After talking with hubby, I have decided to stop. No more making things for etsy or other venues. (Well, I did promise to make a quilt on commission for a friend....but I get to pick everything about it! More about that later.) I will let the items on the venues stay until the end of the year, but I'm not gonna promote or list more items.

I have been making stuff to help out financially. Dear Hubby said it isn't worth it for me to lose my enjoyment of what he calls my 'gift'. He said we should make enough when he finishes another couple of new projects for the business that it won't be necessary. And he said that he needs me to run the office and shipping parts of the business anyway. And I sew the arms and legs for the puppets. And he wants me to be happy.

Boy, I love that man.

So.....expect to see projects that I love instead of what sells. Scary thought, huh?

I have some pics to post, but will get to it tomorrow.

Take care!

Cathy B

1 comment:

Kathy4aday said...

I liked reading this as I have never made things to sell yet people are always urging me to. I always say, that would suck the joy out of it for me.
Good luck, I am sure you will be happy with your decision.